I have great hope
That he will not abandon
But that she will shine forth
And break into blossom.
May the day dawn
That will bestow upon us
A great light,
Giving birth to:
Are our salvation.
Happy is he who will be present
When this day comes.
Will be radiant
Will be banished
From her sight.
Are at hand.
The darkness is receding.
Happy is he who will live
To see her reign!
For the Albanian
And his language
Are at one
Happy is he who will
Behold her soon!
Never to stray.
Naim Frashëri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope by Naim Frashëri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos