Noshi Gilani (Urdu: نوشی گیلانی ) (born in 1964 in Bahawalpur, Pakistan) is an Urdu poet of international fame and a former academic from the Bahawalpur University, Punjab, Pakistan.
She is one of the leading Urdu poets in Pakistan and has successfully published five collections of poetry.
In 2008, her poetry was translated into English and her poems were read in the UK, with the Poetry Translation Centre's World Poets' Tour.
She hosted a tribute to folk singer Pathanay Khan, sponsored by the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA).
Noshi Gilani settled in San Francisco USA in 1995 but after her marriage to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- There Was a Time When I Loved Alone
- There Was a Heart that Burnt Out: Light
- You Know Only Dreams
- How Hard It Is to Manage Life
- Last Conversation with the Sky
- Kept On Compromising on Life
- The Wind, Too, Can Change Direction
- I Say Nothing Anywhere
- Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being?
- Please Bring a Token Home from Each Jour...
- A Change of Season
- The Flower is Torn at the Heart
- The Breeze Rewrites
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)