Noshi Gilani (14 March 1964 / Bahawalpur, Punjab / Pakistan)
Noshi Gilani (Urdu: نوشی گیلانی ) (born in 1964 in Bahawalpur, Pakistan) is an Urdu poet of international fame and a former academic from the Bahawalpur University, Punjab, Pakistan.
She is one of the leading Urdu poets in Pakistan and has successfully published five collections of poetry.
In 2008, her poetry was translated into English and her poems were read in the UK, with the Poetry Translation Centre's World Poets' Tour.
She hosted a tribute to folk singer Pathanay Khan, sponsored by the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA).
Noshi Gilani settled in San Francisco USA in 1995 but after her marriage to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Change of Season
- Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being?
- How Hard It Is to Manage Life
- I Say Nothing Anywhere
- Kept On Compromising on Life
- Last Conversation with the Sky
- Please Bring a Token Home from Each Jour...
- The Breeze Rewrites
- The Flower is Torn at the Heart
- The Wind, Too, Can Change Direction
- There Was a Heart that Burnt Out: Light
- There Was a Time When I Loved Alone
- This Prisoner Breathes
Comments about Noshi Gilani
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
observed annually on May 18
International Museum Day
memory + creativity = social change
Happy Birthday Omar Khayyam!
(1048-1131) Persian mathematician, poet, and philosopher
Happy Birthday Friedrich Rückert!
(1788-1866) German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages.