Orlando Belo Poems
- The Cobra And The Mongoose “Tell me mongoose why are you ...
- Sitting And Thinking Here I am sitting in the dark ...
- Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cove... Don’t judge me by the way I ...
- From Dusk To Dawn As the end of the day takes on a stillness,...
- A World Without Colour I usually visualise in full colour, ...
- A Thank You Prayer Dear Lord I wish to say thank you for ...
- Friend Moon Friend moon, friend moon, please come out ...
Derbyshire born, Derbyshire bred, strong in the arm
and weak in the head.anon.
I’m a plain and simple, up front and in your face,
if you don’t like what I do, thats fine,
there's beauty in both silk and lace. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Orlando Belo
The Cobra And The Mongoose
“Tell me mongoose why are you trying to steal my eggs? ”
“Well, I’ve not eaten for weeks and I’m dying on my legs.”
“Don’t you realise that very soon these eggs will be my children? ”
“But you have so many and you won’t miss nine or ten.”
“How wrong you are mongoose I’ll miss every one of them.”
“Well tell me cobra, are you prepared to die for just ten? ”
“Mongoose, I am a mother and for only the one I would die.”
“Why are you swaying Cobra, and is that a tear in your eye? ”
“Aren’t you feeling sleepy mongoose, you do have heavy eyes? ”
“I know what ...