Paul Celano Poems
- Words Can Hurt Words can hurt Call someone a name Shoot a...
- 5 Senses Of Green I see a signal meaning to go I see a field...
- The Sexy Ginger Bread Man On his body is a ginger bread ...
- The Same Tear Can happiness and sadness Be in the same ...
- The Sound Of Lost Love *Heart sound* An Indian’s ...
- Only One Horrible Thorn I like to cry and throw a fit Even ...
- The Girl With Magic Eyes I sit in thought My hand to ...
I have a sad story that helped me write. Back in High School a good friend of mine had took his own life. I wrote a poem about it for a class. The teacher told me to my face that I should never write again because my writing is not good enough.
Later in 2002 I took a class for creative writing. I told the college teacher what my high school teacher said. The teacher then told me that in the class I was in, I would have to read my poems out loud. This made me very nervous.
So the day came when I had to do this. I read the same poem I was told in high school was not good enough. Everyone stood and clapped. My college teacher told me to never stop writing.
I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Celano
Words Can Hurt
Words can hurt
Call someone a name
Shoot a bullet into their heart
Keeping loading your gun with horrible words
Keep firing until the clip is empty
Until the heart is outlined with bullets of pain
Have you ever been hurt?
Do you know how it feels?
Throw salt into your eyes
So you cry as it stings
Put sand down your throat
So you can’t scream anymore from being dry
Now take a dull rusty nail
Yes the large kind
Covered in thick rusty layer of tears
Then move it slowly into your chest
So you can feel the true anguish ...