Paul Celano Poems
- 5 Senses Of Green I see a signal meaning to go I see a field...
- Words Can Hurt Words can hurt Call someone a name Shoot a...
- The Sexy Ginger Bread Man On his body is a ginger bread ...
- The Same Tear Can happiness and sadness Be in the same ...
- The Sound Of Lost Love *Heart sound* An Indian’s ...
- Only One Horrible Thorn I like to cry and throw a fit Even ...
- The Girl With Magic Eyes I sit in thought My hand to ...
I have a sad story that helped me write. Back in High School a good friend of mine had took his own life. I wrote a poem about it for a class. The teacher told me to my face that I should never write again because my writing is not good enough.
Later in 2002 I took a class for creative writing. I told the college teacher what my high school teacher said. The teacher then told me that in the class I was in, I would have to read my poems out loud. This made me very nervous.
So the day came when I had to do this. I read the same poem I was told in high school was not good enough. Everyone stood and clapped. My college teacher told me to never stop writing.
I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Celano
5 Senses Of Green
I see a signal meaning to go
I see a field where people play
I see the grass needing a mow
I see the seaweed in the bay
I hear the forest sounds of life
I hear the croaking of a toad
I hear the loud shouting from strife
I hear the beeps of matrix code
I taste the bitter of a lime
I taste the freshness burn of mint
I taste the spicy dots of thyme
I taste sour that makes me squint
I smell aroma of cut pine
I smell rich potent olive oil
I smell young grapes throughout the vine
I smell aged food about to spoil
I feel roughness of ...