0005 Totally Boring Poem
I’m totally bored by:
poems that sound like other poems
poems that try to sound unlike any other poems
poets who never take risks
poets who think that taking risks
makes them good poets
poems with 'meaning'
poems with no meaning
poets who slag off other poets
as if that achieves something
poets that tell you that rhyme
is not for an age but for all time
poets that tell you that rhyme is outmoded and boring
poets who think that the poetry of 'the past'
is greater than that of 'the present'
poets who think that the poetry of 'the present'
is greater than that of 'the past'
poems that tell you the poet's the first to discover sex
poets that tell you they’re the best sex you’ll ever have
although you’ll never meet them to find out
poets that tell you they’ve been dumped
poets who've never known love and being dumped
poets who are ambitious
poets who are unambitious
poets who tell you all about higher things
poets who reject higher things
poets who think life’s just a joke
poets who think life’s no joke
poets who sit on the fence
poets who have no sense of balance
poets who despise 'the middle ground'
poets who talk about technique
poets with no technique
poets who just throw down their thoughts
poets who 'work up' their poems to a self-satisfied polish
poets who list what they like (who cares?)
poets who list what don’t like (who cares?)
poets who write about extreme states
poets who think they’re immune to extreme states
poets who tell you why they’re bored
poets who have opinions
poets who seem to have no opinions at all
poets who have boring opinions to air - why choose poetry?
poets who comment on others' poems
as if it's the last word
poets who never bother to comment
on others' poems
poets who don't love poetry passionately
poets who tell you they 'love poetry passionately'
poets who – oh I’m too bored to go on reading this,
how about you?
I suppose you have boring opinions too?
another time perhaps
and oh yes I'm most of all bored by
those who waste their precious time on this earth
well I feel better for that.
how about you?
Michael Shepherd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (0005 Totally Boring Poem by Michael Shepherd )
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Ten), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Merry Christmas My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- See, seer!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Obligated, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Nine), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Rosy (Eight), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen