01-Having A Bad Day
I saw him coming down the road
Looked like he was carrying a heavy load.
It was all in his mind, of course
But so heavy he coulda used a horse.
I said, You look mighty sad today
Can I help you at all in any way?
Well, to paraphrase the words of a song
Everything seems to have gone very wrong.
My cow’s gone dry and my hen won’t lay
And my latest squeeze has run away.
I’ve got dandruff and the chicken pox
And big ole holes in the toes of my sox.
Everybody hates me and I feel real blue
And I just stepped in a big pile of doggy poo.
My cat’s had kittens and my dog’s gone lame
And everyone says that I’m to blame.
My grocery bill and my bar tab’s due
And the heel came off of my right-foot shoe.
I’ve got a flat tire and the radiator leaks
And I’ve Arthur’s disease and my joints all squeak.
My TeeVee’s broke and my phone’s on the fritz
And my face is full of acne zits
And everything I eat gives me the shitz.
It’s raining now and I’ve got the gout
And my umbrella just blew inside out.
I’m soaked to the skin and turning blue
And I’m getting a touch of the Asian flu.
I’d kill myself by driving into a tree
But my car won’t start, I’ve lost the key.
Well, I’ll just lie down and wait for the hearse
Things gotta get better
They cain’t get worse.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (01-Having A Bad Day by George Hunter )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)