George Hunter Poems
- Cat's Talking There was a big feline named Dancer Who asked ...
- Cat Limericks A Cat Called Nan I once had a cat called ...
- Cows' Revenge There was a cowboy from Wyoming Who sang to ...
- Train Watching,1937 On a lazy summer afternoon All of us ...
- A Day At The Beach One summer's day, with nothing better to ...
- Six Weather Haiku A beautiful day Sun’s shining, birds are ...
- Aromas Did you ever think that when you smell something ...
I'm just a rhymer, not a poet,
Read one of mine and then you'll know it.
You don't have to pretend you understand,
It's as plain as day, like the palm of your hand.
Nothing esoteric, abstruse or recondite here,
Just something to read while drinking your beer. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
There was a big feline named Dancer
Who asked her mate for an answer.
How do you titillate an ocelot?
Why you just oscillate its titalot.
Now that you tell me I see that it’s true
How so much knowledge you could accrue
That is another thing I wish that I knew.
The more education you have the less you know
And another piece of information I could throw
Is that all this knowledge just makes me sadder
Now I realize it’s just mind over matter.
Which only means that if you don’t mind it don’t matter.