George Hunter Poems
- Cat Limericks A Cat Called Nan I once had a cat called ...
- Cat's Talking There was a big feline named Dancer Who asked ...
- Six Weather Haiku A beautiful day Sun’s shining, birds are ...
- Train Watching,1937 On a lazy summer afternoon All of us ...
- A Day At The Beach One summer's day, with nothing better to ...
- Aromas Did you ever think that when you smell something ...
- A Strange Custom As I was walking down the path In my head I...
I'm just a rhymer, not a poet,
Read one of mine and then you'll know it.
You don't have to pretend you understand,
It's as plain as day, like the palm of your hand.
Nothing esoteric, abstruse or recondite here,
Just something to read while drinking your beer. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Cat Called Nan
I once had a cat called Nan
Whose tail got caught in a fan.
It whirled her around
And naught could be found
But some fur and a piece or her can.
Big Fat Cat
I once had a big fat cat
Who caught a big friendly rat.
She played with it like a toy
It gave her so much joy
That she spared it and that was that.
Jack The Cat
Once had a cat named Jack
Who'd roll over on his back
He was so cute
Didn't give him the boot
Couldn't bear to give him the sack.
He's just loll around all day
Wanting to ...