*01 LOST IN FRANCE
I'm always losing things
My watch - my keys - my specs
Things physical - things tangible
What will I be losing next? ? ?
Lost property entices me
I always make a visit
In my new false leg is there
Is that not mine - or is it? ? ?
I lost my wife one Saturday
On holiday in Greece
She left me for a pedalo*
And now i live in peace.
*(I think that should be a GIGOLO?)
But some folk lose the strangest things
And that is very odd I find
One lost his JOY - one lost his PEACE
A friend of mine has lost his mind.
One lost his cool - in a game of pool
One lost his heart in France
My friends son lost his innocence
And a brand new pair of pants! ! !
We cannot chose - the things we lose
Our jobs - our local railway station
And other things - like jewels and rings
But never lose your reputation! ! !
John Knight 4 March 2011.
John Knight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*01 LOST IN FRANCE by John Knight )
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)