*01 LOST IN FRANCE
I'm always losing things
My watch - my keys - my specs
Things physical - things tangible
What will I be losing next? ? ?
Lost property entices me
I always make a visit
In my new false leg is there
Is that not mine - or is it? ? ?
I lost my wife one Saturday
On holiday in Greece
She left me for a pedalo*
And now i live in peace.
*(I think that should be a GIGOLO?)
But some folk lose the strangest things
And that is very odd I find
One lost his JOY - one lost his PEACE
A friend of mine has lost his mind.
One lost his cool - in a game of pool
One lost his heart in France
My friends son lost his innocence
And a brand new pair of pants! ! !
We cannot chose - the things we lose
Our jobs - our local railway station
And other things - like jewels and rings
But never lose your reputation! ! !
John Knight 4 March 2011.
John Knight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*01 LOST IN FRANCE by John Knight )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer