03 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
III - The sacrifice was made
Then that awful day came in God's great plan
when He was taken aside by sinful man.
Made to climb the steep hill to Calvary's tree.
There He was to die for sin to set us free.
This world could not comprehend such love.
Coming from the heart of our God above.
So we took Him to that place of hate and pain
and nailed Him to a cross and had Him slain.
Upon Golgotha's hill the battle took place
the fight for the future of the human race.
In penalty for our sin His body was impaled
and upon the cross the Son of God was nailed.
The battle had to be fought and the victory won
by the Lord Jesus Christ, God's Only Son.
The warfare commenced on this earthly plain
as alone He hung there in agony and pain.
Those gathered around the cross looking on
ranted and raged saying 'If He is Gods Son'
'Let Him come down and leave the battle scene.'
But then how different things would have been.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (03 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery