Basho taught us the pond has no sound no refrain..
until violated by a frog, a stone, or fingers of the rain
As one honking horn disturbs hundreds of ears,
so one angry word shatters peace into pieces.
Dawn's breaking quiet begets bees' buzzing riot.
3 quiets merge.. the silent snowsift.. night's fall swift
and the stillness of the wilderness
God has said to revile none.. rather to revel as He
God as Love indwelling each reveals
The pain inflicting doctors who play at science
debark captive dogs so that they may hurt in silence.
Yogis sometimes roll up the red carpet of welcome, the speaking
Bright orange trumpet flowers grow like clapperless bells..
as saffron clad monks prefer silence
The boat leaves foam wake. The canoe, ripples. But geese
leave no trace as they fly.
Misogynists wish women to be tongueless belles, as silent
as the meadow's tongless bluebells
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (09 Silence by Saiom Shriver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp
- Plates from Fifteen Years of Marriage, Bill Grace
- Nature's Opera, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Tough Guys, Manny Furious
- Wow, that's a effed up cloud...., Manny Furious
- Breaking Inner Strait Jackets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak