Karl Stuart Kline
(1.5) The Greatest One of All
My past is full of
Lovers lost and lovers found.
They're proof to me that
In this world love abounds.
Some of my loves were great
And other loves were small,
But my love for Peggy
Was the greatest one of all.
True lovers lost for centuries,
Kindred spirits were reunited,
Transcending space and time,
Our love became love requited.
Given but a brief score of years
To find and know our hearts,
Sharing our laughter and our tears
Until we were torn apart...
I know that she's an Angel,
More so than I can ever be...
I doubt that I can change,
But she's come to visit me...
I was inconsolable
And somehow she knew
And wrapped me in her love,
Rare and Wond'rous, too...
Our disabilities were our strengths,
Bringing us together again,
Empowering us to any length
As Lovers and the best of friends.
Old souls in a modern world,
The flame of love was relighted
The Gods were kind to allow
Lost lovers to be reunited.
Karl Stuart Kline's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1.5) The Greatest One of All by Karl Stuart Kline )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas