1 Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right
There's a voice inside my head.
I never did believe that two wrongs make a right
And in the circumstance where I have landed
I'll stake a claim, put up a fight.
It's what's expected.
Half filled glasses raised to our relation
That's what scares me most, makes me afraid
There's no guarantee that hatred won't call on me
And my pardon take a back seat
But love cannot be called into question
Forgiveness is the only weapon that I have
And love the only hope. Strength and courage overridden.
For fear will not destroy me, even when at my weakest.
The voice will fade.
I'll look you in the eye
And offer my love with only one condition.
Casual Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right by Casual Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo