While working my way
up the mental balustrade,
has thinking already started,
began for I?
all the visuals, smells,
to gnash and leap
cafeterias, places to eat,
cars darting out of brick walls,
slow blue plasticity,
your own image caught
in a red puddle,
your self trials on trial,
is questionable or what?
locks, metals, precious rocks,
hearts, souls, flesh bound, freedom,
have you ever made any?
maybe the egg that is you,
has to feel it's way around
in the light,
smiles open into
other smiling, open crevices,
what if the image runs straight through,
returns to you, like some long
dumb unanswered question?
how answer to anything, ticking
away, like some disreputable bomb!
the truth exploded long ago,
I wonder who was there,
poked it with a stick -ye know?
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (170 by GRANT FRASER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel