1966 (The Great Purge)
The New Year grows dark
A ministry spearheads the arts
The Chairman has turned bold
With Brezhnev’s influence
Now out the door
Nuclear program mounts
And food exports soar
Why were they scared of this dragon?
It’s more than just their books!
Forced to ride thev starvation wagon
At the hands of red Peking crooks
Trust lost through misleading means
Can you hear the Chinese screams?
These purges seek reform
Even reaching the Gang of Four
Eliminate the Nationalist hoard
The Great Leap Forward springboard
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1966 (The Great Purge) by Mason Maestro )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov