It was an ordinary day like others
After the breakfast Akmal was getting ready for school
The school starts at midday,
It is three kilometers away.
Akmal was walking hastily,
As he was late already.
Mother was insisting him on for long,
Uncle was waiting to come along.
But Akmal was bit reluctant today
As, to him, it was a speial day.....
Allover East Bengal, there were processions
'We will not compromise, whatever the consideration'.
'We want freedom' as they uttered,
Big sound came out, police fired.
They wanted to stop them; but it was tough,
As they were committed enough.
A feeling came from within, 'Everyone of us must not hesitate'.
'This is the time to retaliate'.
To Akmal, all these were not understandable,
He could only guess that his participation in this struggle was inevitable.
He did not return home from the school
As he had greater responsibility to fulfill
Akmal participated in the fight
Which won us today's free Bangladesh and right
We have won this country for thousands sacrifice
To keep this freedom intact, we need another fight.
Kazi Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1971 by Kazi Ahmed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- i hide acorns, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toloulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- I see the ruins did love win or lose, cristobal Benjumea
- REAL HUMANITY, hasmukh amathalal
- Non Sequitur with Sirius, Paul Hartal
- Suiyang, My Hometown, Luo Zhihai
- Correction Room, Akhtar Jawad
- Use of victory, gajanan mishra
- Goodnight Darling One, Michael P. McParland