It was an ordinary day like others
After the breakfast Akmal was getting ready for school
The school starts at midday,
It is three kilometers away.
Akmal was walking hastily,
As he was late already.
Mother was insisting him on for long,
Uncle was waiting to come along.
But Akmal was bit reluctant today
As, to him, it was a speial day.....
Allover East Bengal, there were processions
'We will not compromise, whatever the consideration'.
'We want freedom' as they uttered,
Big sound came out, police fired.
They wanted to stop them; but it was tough,
As they were committed enough.
Mujib has called the nation to retaliate,
'Everyone of us must not hesitate'.
To Akmal, all these were not understandable,
He could only guess that his participation in this struggle was inevitable.
He did not return home from the school
As he had greater responsibility to fulfill
Akmal participated in the fight
Which won us today's free Bangladesh and right
We have won this country for thousands sacrifice
To keep this freedom intact, we need another fight
Kazi Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1971 by Kazi Ahmed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Doctor Solar and the Solar Panel Gang, Charles Hice
- Wet touch, binod bastola
- Cutting Tea In Rainy Stall Of Lonavala!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano
- The Old Men Do Not Fear, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Old Soldiers' Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Poets Were Hunted, Bulat Okudzhava
- Sister Of Mine, Bulat Okudzhava
- There's The Special Music, Bulat Okudzhava