2 - Sonnet on Time
Is time a spiral stairway that we climb
Whose unendingness we seek to borrow
To the last wrought syllable of our rhyme
Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow -
The fusion of the future with the past
In dizzying dimensions ever new
Which hurl us headlong in a void so vast
That what we view as false appears as true?
We must peer through bars forever blocking
Upon the threshold of our promised land -
At the gates of eternity knocking -
Outside we stand - albeit hand in hand.
Through the rush of time we're ceaselessly swirled.
How heartless is the transience of this world!
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (2 - Sonnet on Time by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dog And The Cat, Chris Ekong
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Find Love All Around, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Full stop, Kim StevensFoster