3 - Sonnet on Mind
When reflecting on the nature of mind
Of what wit or wisdom do we dare speak?
For the wind in the sky is all we find,
In a round and round game of hide and seek.
It's mind over matter, sages surmise;
With power of mind as their driving force
Deductive logicians philosophize
From ‘We think, therefore we are...' as the source.
We muse; we spin, in dreaming delusion,
Our webs of thought, until nought we behold,
And heady with sense, fall in confusion.
Or is yet the end of the story told?
As our labyrinth journey turns and twists,
We lose our way in miasmas and mists.
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (3 - Sonnet on Mind by Harley White )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- SAINTS AND SINNERS, Changu Chilwesa
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards
- O My Friend Jerry, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- The Chance, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Eve, Leong Ming Loong
- SCROUSE and SCRUMPY, michael walkerjohn
- ` S a c r e d..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Spring Rhyme, Luo Zhihai
- Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland