Chime Justice Ndubuisi
It was a pretty long time ago.
How time flies when you're on the go
In front of me, time stood tall
I have no memory of it at all
But i know it's on a day like this
That the Gods in conjugal bliss
Does mould men amongst men
It is the best day of the season.
How can I ever forget this day?
A great day in a special way.
It will always come around,
In front of me, no single sound,
Bright like the sun:
The day i was born,
Twentieth of November
A day to always remember.
When I think of you and what you are
It reminds me of how close we are.
It's between me and you,
I'm blessed because of you,
You lie down in my shadow,
While I create spectacles like a rainbow.
Let there be many break throughs,
Help me, let's shatter this darkness.
Let's light up this night,
Let the light shine bright
Like a million billion volts
And break through the Martian vaults.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (20th November by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
- Love is Sacrifice, Paul Sebastian
- The Guilty Innocent, Tata Kosi
- Lyman and Lloyd, Kim Barney
- The Incomplete Dzire, kashif khan
- Did I Die?, Lyn Paul
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)