24 Hours to Live
Christmas was truly magical,
Sharing love’s tender gift,
To sing a merry madrigal,
And ring in a New Year’s riff!
But, March can deal us madness,
Spring can go unseen,
In death’s certain sadness
We grey the growing green.
A last sunset will be framed,
As a last song fades away,
A cold molded stone will be reluctantly named,
And yours will pray.
Was it a blessing to have known?
Or a curse to have not?
Would most souls rather be shown?
Would most rather be given a shot?
To love yours like never before,
To hug yours until the end of the world,
To kiss yours until your lips will kiss no more,
To love yours like never before.
Written by Mark L. Berryann ©2011
M.. BERRYANN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (24 Hours to Live by M.. BERRYANN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Please Forgive Them For What They Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perceptions, Jaipal Singh
- Heroin, S.D. TIWARI
- 728 Days, Tara Stano
- Why do I write, S.D. TIWARI
- Stream of life, S.D. TIWARI
- We Must Learn, Jaipal Singh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey