30 years from now!
Thirty years from now
no one will know the colour
of your eyes the car your drove
and the sound of your voice
or the house you lived in
Even the times you swore
you denied bread
to the outstretched arms
milk to the baby
wine to the wise
and love to the unloved.
you make a mark of man
in the footsteps to the temple
where lives an invisible being
resplendent in mercy
and infallible to all
that your own universe
was crafted by this creator
with your name
scrawled in calligraphy
on a special page with your name
and number embossed
who am I?
What should I do?
to leave behind the best of Me?
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (30 years from now! by Marshall Gass )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Poem of the Day
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second