30 years from now!
Thirty years from now
no one will know the colour
of your eyes the car your drove
and the sound of your voice
or the house you lived in
Even the times you swore
you denied bread
to the outstretched arms
milk to the baby
wine to the wise
and love to the unloved.
you make a mark of man
in the footsteps to the temple
where lives an invisible being
resplendent in mercy
and infallible to all
that your own universe
was crafted by this creator
with your name
scrawled in calligraphy
on a special page with your name
and number embossed
who am I?
What should I do?
to leave behind the best of Me?
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (30 years from now! by Marshall Gass )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- passwords, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- lullabies, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- aftertaste, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Beauty is everywhere, Maurice Whyte
- amiss, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- just sad, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Brilliant Story-Telling Ability, Margaret Alice Second
- As promised..., Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Love True, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- The Sea of Her, Maurice Whyte