31 8 13
From the warmth of the second cuppa,
poured at 7am,
it must be 8.30 now.
it's a bit cooler than I...
...I was carried away by visions:
a ghoul in wide-eyed, arms-high laughter;
two Inuit watching the white horizon for the last time
from inside a gaping mouth...
...or watching a movie;
a carved albino gourd...
...or a tribal mask;
two new cigars together side-by-side;
a logo for lesbian lovers,
an eyeball to eyeball Easter Island confrontation;
Brancusi: 'Kiss: Updated'.
My ride has been
in what I've seen,
in, on its side,
31 8 13
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (31 8 13 by douglas scotney )
Did you read them?
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)