4 against 1
She stands alone
Attacked and ambushed by you grownups,
No one hears her voice,
Not a listening soul.
She calls for aid-
But all are deaf.
One blocked minded group
And she is all alone.
I am her (almost) only refuge
But my hands are chained-
Can do nothing, only from afar-
Broken hearted I stand.
She reasons well,
She has her say
Though you don't let her
She's your prey.
If you could only hear
The soft, begging voice (of heart)
You will all rejoice
At a new start.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 against 1 by Maya Took )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai
- how to remember me, chip reed