A conversation with Time
Will you pass?
Can't sit anymore in class,
His voice is quiet, I can't hear,
Can't write, and it's boring here.
'I do pass my child, slow,
Already old am I, exhausted so.
And to me it's boring too,
Circles, and cycles, all my life, is all I do.'
Sometimes, you pass so quick,
How can you do this,
If you are so weak?
'Well dear, it's in your mind,
Look inside, and you will find
That all year round I move the same,
But you, just now, understand the game.
When you think of me, I give a chance,
Maybe for a fine, long, glance.
And then child, you see?
You do think of me.
However, when you are amused
You don't think of me, I feel unused,
Then I let myself fly
And then you say 'How time goes by' '
Time, Time, I thank thee
For the long answer you answered me
Now I really have to go,
And feel happy that I know.
written on: 21.10.2009
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A conversation with Time by Maya Took )
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)