One beautiful girl, hiding behing her smile
Scars covered by bracelets, living a lie
One beautiful girl, so popular she is
Dying inside, not knowing she'll be missed.
One lonely girl, ignored by all
A blade as her only friend, feeling so small
One lonely girl, wall colliding with her fist
Loving the pain, blood dripping down her wrist.
One brave girl, beaten every day
Saving her little brother, standing in his way
One brave girl, bruised and broken in her bed
Secretly thinking, I'm better off dead.
One caring girl, helping all the weak
Someone who can save her, is all that she seeks
One caring girl, feeling dead inside
Her thoughts and scars, all that she hides.
4 Girls, no one ever even knew
What did we miss, what were they going through?
People now noticing, slowly opening their eyes
But too late it was, they couldn't even say goodbye.
Scout Kerr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 Girls. by Scout Kerr )
- What This Is (short), Nika McGuin
- You should know, Hanh Chau
- Me & Them, Nika McGuin
- Every Year, Nika McGuin
- A Developing Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satire, Humour & Irony, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alarmed, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Dark Blue Butterfly, Bijay Kant Dubey
- About Love, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Kid, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)