I must say that I despise work,
For I put only 50% into it,
And I know that is mediocrity for you,
But that is my full effort to me.
Now, I cannot stand working
Behind a cubicle,
With people telling me what to do,
For I hate being bossed around,
And it is so boring in here.
I would rather work in a place
Where I could work with my hands
Or use my brain to do something creative
And innovative unlike
All of the paperwork we do here,
But since the work is so boring here,
I cannot help but give my 50%,
And I know it is half of
What you want from me,
But I rest my case.
Good day, ma'am.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (50% by Justin Reamer )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)