50 States in fifty states
The journey begins with all forms of transportation, for all speeds and conditions that will persist and exist.
You will travel as far as able with no destination but the desire to see and experience everything within a nation.
Your means are determined by the location and situation with which you find your self in and at the time of needed transportation.
Your journey begins from within the state you reside.
It is from here that you will travel north, south, east, or west in destination for nowhere, but everywhere... somewhere to rest.
You travel through Washington, in the middle of a rainstorm.
Through Oregon you journey along the beautiful but treacherous coast.
California is long and covers many moods, but in the end it is so beautiful.
Idaho, you see potatoes, and Craters Of The Moon, beautiful unless winter, which always comes too soon.
Nevada is next, the deserts are so plain, gambling keeps your mind off of the mundane.
Utah's mountains are a sight to see, tough to travel through but worth the scenery.
Arizona dries you out, unless you’re north away from the drought.
The west-coast is only the beginning, a foreshadowing of what will come in your sojourning.
You see the mountains, and the plains, you journey through forests, fields and rains.
This is only the beginning to greater feats yet pending.
You can travel on, in hopes of dreams that can be fulfilled, or rest yourself and retire at will.
You can travel on to see the hills, the plains, the swamps and the oceans reigns, or you can end your journey having seen enough to fulfill your lives dreams.
There is no problem with this route, it just ends and that is your way out.
For those that continue, come vast amounts of precious venues.
They shall see the political places, the capitols of business, the arts, music, and races. They will find the different paths it takes to make your journey a success.
They will see the many options and scenes that make up this journey we continually believe.
They will learn the ins and outs that make it tough, yet in the end they will be greater and more capable to handle the rough.
This journey takes place now, and until the end.
For this journey is
LIFE from start to end.
Jeff Rushton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (50 States in fifty states by Jeff Rushton )
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1644 - 1694)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley