*625 A WEDDING BLESSING
I wrote this blessing to read at my Granddaughter Rachel's Wedding. I read it just as we sat down for the Wedding Breakfast.
We stand before God to bless David and Rachel on their Wedding Day
May God - by whose will creation had its being
Bless you real good in your union together
May Christ seal your marriage with the seal of His love
May the Holy Spirit guide you in joy and peace.
We give thanks to God the Father who will bless you
To God the Son who rejoices - with us - in your spiritual union
To God the Holy Spirit - who will indwell you forever
Father - we thank you for your provision in all things
We thank you for this meal - to celebrate the marriage
Of David and Rachel - and their commitment
To each other and to your service.
We ask you to bless this meal - and
Our fellowship together - on this
Very very special occasion.
In Christ's Name............................... AMEN.
(John Knight - Colchester UK - March 2010)
John Knight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*625 A WEDDING BLESSING by John Knight )
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah