Dr John Celes
68th Independence Day of India (15th August,2014)
Don't ask me who I am?
Don't tell me who I am?
By birth and by blood, I'm Indian;
I love my Motherland, Bharat.
I live upon such sacred soil;
I love my land and love to toil;
I'm proud about my heritage;
Peace within and to others is our message.
Our freedom came by sacrifice;
All Indians must always stay wise;
We must preserve our integrity;
We must ensure our security.
Many precious lives were lost;
Freedom came at a heavy cost;
Divisive forces have no place;
Let Indians wear a smiling face.
Let neighbors learn to live in peace;
Let foes all transgressions well cease;
Our strength lies in its billion souls;
We'll venture forth to space with goals.
Corruption will be wiped out by roots;
Terrorism will have no off-shoots;
Our patriotism will shine;
Our nation will be rich and fine.
To God, we express gratitude;
Let us all change our attitude;
Let prosperity be our aim;
Let's live unto our good name with fame.
Jai Hind; Jai Bharat!
Composed by the Dean,
Dr.A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
IRT PMC & H, Perundurai, TN, India.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 31-07-2014
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (68th Independence Day of India (15th August,2014) by Dr John Celes )
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.25, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)