A Beautiful Night In September
The moon did appear from behind dark clouds
Only again for to steal out of sight
And boobook owl called in the Parkland
His voice echoing in the calm night.
Lovers arm in arm under the street lamps
They stop to embrace as they walk along
And the nesting magpies are fluting
They warble a beautiful song.
A beautiful night in September
And balmy the calm evening air
The Spring is Mother Nature's young Season
And than her there is none so fair.
Were I a poet I'd capture some of this beauty
And on paper in words jot it down
Of this beautiful night in the Springtime
In a park of a southern town.
The moon behind the clouds is hiding
And the flute of the magpie sounds melodious and clear
And young lovers out arm in arm courting
And the cry of the boobook I hear.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Night In September by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 11बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- When My Obedience Is Fulfilled, Rex mayor Ubini
- My Gown Of Dust, Rex mayor Ubini
- Dear God, Tara Stano
- Importance Of Nothing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- falling dead, Afrodita Alkline
- Monsoon Showers, Jaipal Singh
- My legs and my hands, gajanan mishra
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa