Racism Is Around Me Everywhere
Of human ignorance I am almost in despair
For racism is around me everywhere
But like they say sheer ignorance is bliss
Just like Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss.
Some people carry their honour in a flag
And of their Nationality they brag
They feel superior and they differentiate
And against those who are different they discriminate.
So many people still judged by their race
For such there never ought to be a place
'A fair go' those untruthful words I do recall
There is no such a thing as a 'fair go for all'.
Though we live in a so called democracy
Of racism we never will be free
They judge you by where you come from and the colour of your skin
For many equality and respect seems impossible to win.
It's been awhile since the days of Martin Luther King
His name to it has a familiar ring
If against racism he did not choose to strive
Today the great man he would be alive.
So many holding the reins of power not spiritually aware
And racism is around me everywhere
And racism only leads to division and war
Just goes to show how ignorant some are.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Racism Is Around Me Everywhere by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)