A Beautiful Place
The lorikeets chirp on the flowering gum trees it is such a beautiful day
And through the sunlit gardens the butterflies flit tiny dark spots on their wings of gray
The parklands and gardens lovely in their flowers and only a slight Summer breeze
The temperatures perfect for the time of year a tad over twenty degrees.
From this beautiful Country and beautiful place Utopia cannot be far away
For to view the beauty around us that is Nature's own money we do not have to pay
I could happily live here till the day I die surrounded by beauty so rare
No factory chimney billowing up black smoke and clean is the warm Summer air.
A painter could sketch such a beautiful place a poet about it could write
The birds chirp and whistle on bushes and trees in the early afternoon sunlight
The voices of the mynas one cannot mistake distinctive even in their song
You hear them once and you will know them again them you never ought to get wrong.
I could happily live here till the day I die this is such a beautiful place
Where Nature is happy and colourful and bright with a warm sunny smile on her face
A beautiful day in a beautiful clime a tad over twenty degrees
The lorikeets chirping on the flowering gums their wings as green as the leaves of the trees.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Place by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Feelings Unfelt, RUBAB ATWAL
- Dear person, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(1552 - 13 January 1599)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)