A Bird On The Wire
Beyond a bird on the wire
Is a sky of light blue triumphing sapphire.
I looked up at the sapphire and the bird
Thinking if I could only sing a song of sunshiny words.
The sound would be as pretty perhaps as a tree in a breeze.
The facets of cool green leaves
On some closeby boughs reach higher and higher.
Shining under the golden sun and sapphire.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bird On The Wire by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Two Way Guilt, Michael McParland
- Two Lost Souls, Michael McParland
- Turn To The Light, Michael McParland
- True Beauty, Michael McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael McParland
- Melancholy, Allison Benis White
- Treat, Michael McParland
- Trapped Inside, Michael McParland
- Too Tired, Michael McParland
- Too The One I Love, Michael McParland