A Bird On The Wire
Beyond a bird on the wire
Is a sky of light blue triumphing sapphire.
I looked up at the sapphire and the bird
Thinking if I could only sing a song of sunshiny words.
The sound would be as pretty perhaps as a tree in a breeze.
The facets of cool green leaves
On some closeby boughs reach higher and higher.
Shining under the golden sun and sapphire.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bird On The Wire by Gayle Sweeney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- MY LIFE, Santanu Nandi Purkayastha
- Rain Of Winter, V P Mahur
- My Trip, Donald Revell
- Comatose, Beatrice Preti
- मोदै गदोँ बिखानि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Please Set Me Free, Hailey Stump
- where is my voice?, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- नै मिथिँगा अनजालि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Living And Going., Tony Adah
- The Little Martyr, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed