Patti Masterman Poems
- Anti-Love Poem #1 When you've loved someone, As much as ...
- A House Breathes Through Its B... A house breathes through ...
- A Dream For You A dream for you And one for me; A ...
- A Bear Came To Dinner A bear came to dinner; He ate before ...
- I Am That Behind the movies scenes, behind the protagonist's ...
- How The World Engraves Itself ...
- How Much Are Words Like Bridge... How much are words like ...
Free exultant word consultant.. I think I read that line somewhere and it took. (smile)
In God, some say, there is a deep but dazzling darkness-
That hides his face, like an ocean hides a seed;
And none can say, if it's full or if it's empty,
For all our knowing's like wind through hollow reeds. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''...all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.'''Bloom's soliloquy
''Sometimes when someone sings, you can catch a glimpse of their soul.. as it flies by...''P Masterman
Anti-Love Poem #1
When you've loved someone,
As much as you're capable of,
Just let them go. Even better,
Don't write about them- ever.
If you must, let it be once only
And let that be as their epitaph.
Let the seasons and the wind
Sweep away the painful memories
Don't try to re-start fire from a faded puff of smoke.
And give yourself some time to recover.
If you must write thousands of lines
About what went wrong, or why,
For gods sake burn it- burn it quickly
Don't leave it lying around for others eyes to see
And for the dance line to start forming behind you:...