A Birthday Wish from a Very Strange Friend
This poem was written for one of my Best Friends for her Quinceñera Birthday Card. I find the words 'Happy Birthday' to be quite empty at times, esspeacially when one hears them over and over and over again, they begin to lose their meaning. I wrote to her this poem instead of writing Happy Birthday in her card.
Sitting in your room reading Twilight
Reading about a vampire and a werewolf who wanted but could not fight.
Reading and watching the hours go by
Sometimes wishing Jacob would just go die.
This might be just one of the things you did in your childhood years
A mighty good way to get rid of your fears.
(Because Edward through your window would climb in one day
And chase all of those fears right away)
Stalking British Gentlemen
Hoping to make one of them your boyfriend
That must have been fun
Both of those times were yesterday and almost long gone.
On this day people might say
“Congratulations on your special day”
But I can’t and I won’t, those words are much to plain.
I do hope for the best
And that you pass these womanly test,
But I don’t want to write empty words
Words that mean nothing,
I hope that to you these words might mean something.
Your womanly adventure begins here,
Good luck, bon chance, I’m sure there’s nothing to fear.
(Except maybe an angry Ponslet,
And imagining her in a corset=P)
Lots of love, which I wish never ends,
Best wishes from a really strange friend! !
Diana Euyoque's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Wish from a Very Strange Friend by Diana Euyoque )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget
- start eating sushi now, wasabi warriors, Mandolyn Davidson
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey