A Bit Weird
I am a bit weird
in the nicest possible way.
Everyone talks to their pets,
though some will deny it.
Myself, I talk to all living things
from domestic pets, wild animals, plants and trees.
The weird bit is when
they acknowledge what I say.
Dogs bark, cat's meow,
plants wave their leaves
and tree hum in the breeze.
I have that Doolittle touch
that everyone loves so much
or maybe I am just plain crazy.
No matter what it is
I am just little ole me
and always will be.
7 May 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Weird by David Harris )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER