Marcus Mosiah Garvey
A Black Man's Prayer
Send Thy peace to all this world,
Lord of nations and of man-
Where blood banners are unfurled.
In their wicked sinful den.
Sin may reign upon the throne,
In man's way of seeing right;
Thou art Lord in truth; alone
Thou canst set all sin to flight.
Black men crushed to earth each day
Raise a voice of pleading now:
Come good Lord we all do pray,
Make the tyrants humbly bow.
For since God is God alone,
And vile man is man for that,
And will not of self atone,
Treat him, Lord, as virus rat.
White is great upon the earth,
Greater than the King of Kings:
This is sin of human birth
That the white man daily sings.
Thou art made to be so white
That no black man has a claim:
Could'st this, God, Be ever right
That you made us ill of fame?
Thou art God in every way,
Caring not for black nor white;
Then, 0 Lord! look down this day,
Turn the will man Lo the right.
Marcus Mosiah Garvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Black Man's Prayer by Marcus Mosiah Garvey )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie