A Bomb Site Of Broken Friends
Friendships change like the flows of a river
consuming elegant banks
Some last a lifetime.
Some fly past in five minutes
In a moment of panicky crisis
Or a glimpse at what might have,
if you had just grabbed.
friendships are never what you expect.
Most expect too much
some expect very little.
Friendships can be silent for years,
then come alive with the cacophony of a Blue whale breaching
where only the swallows cast an ear
Other friendships crumble like the chimneys
and the coal mines of a long gone age.
Leaving only rubble and shrapnel to sift through.
In a bomb site of broken friends.
Sifting you acquire a filthy broken dolls head
It reminds you of a childhood
when futures were eternal
and friends were too.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bomb Site Of Broken Friends by Dutch Rukowski )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Tick, tick, Aromantic Birds in Love, Harindhar Reddy
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [the round spoon], Chimako Tada
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [the hot water in], Chimako Tada
- Person of the Playful Star: Tanka [I lis.., Chimako Tada
- Love Whips You on Naked Back, Harindhar Reddy
- ~I'm Going Home~, E Nigma
- Smile poem love, Elius Rubby
- The Birds and the Fish Cry out in the Fa.., Harindhar Reddy
- Bad Grandpa, Tom Zart
- train my heart to rise like yeast and my.., Mandolyn ...