Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
Alone he watches the water ripple,
he waits with the line going in quite deep,
in a moment
the muddy water stirs in little circles,
goes through the boy as line sings, starts running,
he jerks the rod, the fish jumps, it's stunning
with its golden silver scales glittering,
it dips under
and the fight is on as it twists and turns,
quick like thunder
again it jumps and twists back to escape,
the boy reels in, still better hooking it,
over the river fighting bit by bit.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.