Gert Strydom was born in 1964 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He matriculated at Estcourt High School after which he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.) at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, Michigan, U.S.A.) and apart from being a poet and writer he is an accountant by profession.
He was called up for compulsory national service in the South African defence force (SADF) for a period of two years during the time of the South African border / bush war and while following his profession was called up for several compulsory camps for several months as a member of the South African Citizen’s force and did partake in the National Colours Parade and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Poetry (cavatina) -new-
- To a loved one that died -new-
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina... -new-
- I wonder if all men long for a girl… (ca... -new-
- From Adam -new-
- Albino -new-
- The Current Johannesburg -new-
- Pretoria (Cavatina) -new-
- I came to you -new-
- The days that are past -new-
- I remember a home (cavatina) -new-
- The wish to live on (cavatina sequence) -new-
- At times we are free (cavatina) -new-
- Flickering the flame of a candle burns -new-
- Invictus (a reply to William Ernest Henl...
- Angel of the morning light
- But then I met you
- Space Haiku’s
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- Haiku’s of love
- An Abandoned Bundle (in answer to Mbuyi...
- a Resting place
- So its been twenty years
- It was the way you were (Terzanelle)
- Haiku’s at the end of a relationship
- Of You I Have A Kind Of Knowledge
- Nature Haiku’s
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)