John Thorkild Ellison
A Boy Forever
In every man there lives a boy
That adult thoughts cannot destroy,
It doesn't matter what you do
That boy will live in spite of you!
You think your adult mind is clever
But the boy in you will never ever
Submit to all your serious ways,
He thinks you're going through a phase.
He knows one day you will admit
Your wisdom was a little bit
Mistaken, and though he's just a boy
There's so much more you can enjoy.
This boy is innocent and young
And there is laughter on his tongue,
You've been too serious by far
So hurry to the nearest bar.
You really need to have a drink,
Act as you FEEL, not how you THINK!
Take off your clothes! Let down your hair!
And say goodbye to grim despair!
It's time you showed some gratitude
And lost your 'grown-up' attitude,
You'll only ever find the 'Truth'
In the sacred 'Folly' of your youth! !
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Boy Forever by John Thorkild Ellison )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)