John Thorkild Ellison
A Boy Forever
In every man there lives a boy
That adult thoughts cannot destroy,
It doesn't matter what you do
That boy will live in spite of you!
You think your adult mind is clever
But the boy in you will never ever
Submit to all your serious ways,
He thinks you're going through a phase.
He knows one day you will admit
Your wisdom was a little bit
Mistaken, and though he's just a boy
There's so much more you can enjoy.
This boy is innocent and young
And there is laughter on his tongue,
You've been too serious by far
So hurry to the nearest bar.
You really need to have a drink,
Act as you FEEL, not how you THINK!
Take off your clothes! Let down your hair!
And say goodbye to grim despair!
It's time you showed some gratitude
And lost your 'grown-up' attitude,
You'll only ever find the 'Truth'
In the sacred 'Folly' of your youth! !
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Boy Forever by John Thorkild Ellison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man