A BOY OR A MAN?
When does a boy become a man?
Only when he understands
that who he is has never changed.
His priorities are just rearranged.
He still likes to play
but he works all day.
He looks at girls
but in a different way.
When he fears for his life
he learns how to pray.
When he combs his hair
he sees some gray.
When he debates, then listens
then has his say.
When flirtaceous circumstances
won't lead him astray.
When he's not ashamed to cry
or ashamed to say
Then what we have is a boy that's a man.
The boy's still there, but man does what he can
to restrain him.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BOY OR A MAN? by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher