A Brave Woman
I know of a woman who overcame cancer
To live she had the great desire
She has beaten something that has killed many
And she is one I can't help but admire.
Radiation treatment has left her as bald as a baby
But she feels that is quite okay
She says I would rather be living without hair on my head
Than with the dearly departed now lay.
She is such a marvellous person
To help others she goes out of her way
She now sees life as far more precious
And she makes the most of every day.
I find people like her inspiring
And one I feel privileged to know
She could feel negative as many in her shoes would
And my admiration for her only grow.
I know one who has beaten cancer
One who has no wish for to die
A woman in her mid to late fifties
And she loves life and living she enjoy.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brave Woman by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK