A Brave Woman
I know of a woman who overcame cancer
To live she had the great desire
She has beaten something that has killed many
And she is one I can't help but admire.
Radiation treatment has left her as bald as a baby
But she feels that is quite okay
She says I would rather be living without hair on my head
Than with the dearly departed now lay.
She is such a marvellous person
To help others she goes out of her way
She now sees life as far more precious
And she makes the most of every day.
I find people like her inspiring
And one I feel privileged to know
She could feel negative as many in her shoes would
And my admiration for her only grow.
I know one who has beaten cancer
One who has no wish for to die
A woman in her mid to late fifties
And she loves life and living she enjoy.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brave Woman by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra