A Brave Woman
I know of a woman who overcame cancer
To live she had the great desire
She has beaten something that has killed many
And she is one I can't help but admire.
Radiation treatment has left her as bald as a baby
But she feels that is quite okay
She says I would rather be living without hair on my head
Than with the dearly departed now lay.
She is such a marvellous person
To help others she goes out of her way
She now sees life as far more precious
And she makes the most of every day.
I find people like her inspiring
And one I feel privileged to know
She could feel negative as many in her shoes would
And my admiration for her only grow.
I know one who has beaten cancer
One who has no wish for to die
A woman in her mid to late fifties
And she loves life and living she enjoy.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brave Woman by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)