A Breakfast In Bed
Woke up this morning
and I could see
was my breath in front of me.
Dawn had awoken
without the sun,
just a bone freezing wind.
I decided my best option
was to stay were I was,
after all it was my day off.
I got up long enough
to put the kettle one,
made myself some cereals
and a very hot drink.
Then scurried back to bed.
I had a breakfast in bed
made by myself.
In bed, I was going to stay
for another two hours or more
as I had nothing really to get up for.
22 March 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Breakfast In Bed by David Harris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...