A Broken Man
July twenty third zero four
you walk away from me closing the door
i thought what we had was blessed from above
a fool not to realize it wasn't real love.
You said i was unfair when i say i love you
cause another is waiting and he's honest and true
well i hope he treat you very kind
and not just messing with your mind.
But here you will remain in my ruptured heart
though you chose to stay apart
I'll pray each night for happiness in your life
and that never a day you will have to strife.
now alone and hurting i think of the past
and thank god for the three years our friendship last
i couldn't foresee it from the start
that saying i love you would tear us apart.
Emily Wimetal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Broken Man by Emily Wimetal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Idiot Girl, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- All the Steps, John Taggart
- Heimdall, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Orange Berries Dark Green Leaves, John Taggart
- Horses To Market, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Foreign Wife Elegy, Yuko Taniguchi