Friendship is an amazing relationship,
I don't know how others understand,
I don't know how others withstand,
It is something hidden and locked by a zip.
By the passage of time,
A friend is gradually exposed,
Constituents are often decomposed,
Keeping the relations becomes a crime.
If the common interest,
Is very much alike,
And if the same thing, both dislike,
The friend is nearer than nearest.
I never found dearer than dearest,
Wish you good luck and all the best.
Friendship needs trust and sighting,
Often a friend like a comedian of Hollywood,
Says or writes some thing not very good
Ask him to explain his saying or writing.
Before changing your attitude or the behavior,
You should inform your friend about his lacks,
Don't make his heart a wall of cracks,
You shouldn't be destroyer, act like a savior.
I didn't find a savior in my life,
Except one, my lovely wife!
Akhtar Jawad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Friend by Akhtar Jawad )
Did you read them?
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- OVER THE TOP, Donald R Charon
- Supernova, Herman Dexter
- Ho Hum, Michael McParland
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)