A Calamitous Situation
The calamity strikes us when the soldier is present,
He appears to be in front of our soul.
A fool is about, with the pressure of discontent,
His possessions maw us with skill and hunger.
Death backs away, dead men do not speak,
My wisdom bellows and beams on him,
The soldier has learnt to escape.
Inside he learnt to beg for life among us,
International help is not for us at all.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Calamitous Situation by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones
- Our Very Limited Time, Jeff Gangwer
- High-octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier
- LUVin The LATER, Mandolyn Davidson
- Madman On The 10, Juan Olivarez
- COPLA SESENTA: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Losing My Mind, Maverick Jones
- Concepts Of Virtue, Joseph T. Renaldi
- im looking for a g f, cristobal Benjumea
- Walking Away Strong, Maverick Jones