To slump and slay shall be the decision,
To get the rest needs rest itself, as the basket
Is carried by the limped workers.
Sleep pokes at you from the higher reaches,
Positions of splendour exist for those who wait
And persevere like the bison and cattle of that nation.
It rests on a premise, and it rests on splendour,
For hearts may conquer the beloved,
He revolves around a circle
And the circle revolves around him,
Holding a foot with a hand
And a hand made useful feet.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Slay by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal