Joseph T. Renaldi
A Caring Friend
When I'm in need of encouragement,
On you I can always rely.
I merely need to seek your help
And you are willing and standing by.
You help to fortify my ambitions
When the burdens of life take their toll,
And my mental state make it difficult
To keep my teary eyes in control.
You instill in me an optimistic view of life
When opportunities have slipped away.
You inspire me with your comforting words,
Enlightening my weary heart along the way.
I'm thankful for your sincere intervention,
Though your advice was worthy and tough,
But most of all in retrospect, I'm truly thankful
For your true friendship and unselfish love.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Caring Friend by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal