A Child's Questions
She asks her mum about her daddy where's daddy mum she say?
Your daddy is in heaven dear in heaven far away
He went off to the war dear his body in the grave
But we ought to be proud of him he did die very brave,
One day we will join daddy beyond this Earthly shore
But you will have to wait a while since you are only four
The reaper has to wait for us but you and i one day
With your dad will be united from here so far away
And mummy where is heaven is it beyond the stars?
Yes dear beyond the Planets beyond the moon and mars
And daddy he is up there looking down on us tonight
At peace in his surroundings no war up there to fight,
I have answered all of your questions now go to sleep my dear
The moon's face in the window pane is shining bright and clear.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Questions by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry