A Choice To Make
Believers have a choice to make, when we believe, what to forsake,
Leaving behind things of the past, for those that shall eternally last.
Things that we once held up high, after the Cross, we need to deny,
Making choices for the sake of Him, Who saved us from all our sin.
If Jesus Christ is truly your choice, in God above you would rejoice,
As you leave worldly ways behind, moved by a new heart and mind,
And the Lord will never forsake you, as Christ makes your life anew,
Through the power from Calvary, with your mind now set on Eternity.
From some things we must turn away, no matter what others will say,
Believers are to live their life anew, as God directs all we say and do,
Such decisions arenâ€™t made in haste, as life of old would be a waste,
For with renewed minds and hearts, from older ways, our life departs.
With new choices comes reward, when we make choices for our Lord,
Who made the choice of the cross, a choice made for all sinners lost,
His choice to become sin for man, was the door for us to Godâ€™s Plan,
Godâ€™s plan of Grace giving New Life, to all who come to Jesus Christ.
Reward for Believers begins here, as we live upon this earthly sphere,
Receiving a peace and joy inside, when worldly ways are truly denied,
And real reward lasting forevermore, when you enter Christ, The Door,
With the ultimate reward you receive, of Eternal Life when you believe.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Choice To Make by Bob Gotti )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- True Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Coma, Fabrizio Frosini
- Tribute To The Pet Shop Boys, Michael P. McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael P. McParland
- Hail! The Coming Year, Anthony Di'anno
- Treat, Michael P. McParland
- Touched, Michael P. McParland
- Generation Kill, Talile Ali
- Santa's answer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Too The One I Love, Michael P. McParland